So the past 24 hours have really shown me the reality of the Lord's tender mercies.
The first tender mercy I encountered was simply a song I needed to hear at a specific hard moment. I didn't feel the motivation to change my ipod to the song and yet it was the first song that came on after I thought of it. It's message was one I really needed to be reminded of because it was opposite of the my mindset and spot on with how I need to be thinking.
The other tender mercy has been quite repetitive in the past 24 hours. Lately I have been struggling to find a place and struggled with a lack of friends. I jokingly say I have like zero friends but it is actually really hard going from being surrounded by friends all the time to only seeing or hearing from a friends every so often. I think the past week has been hardest but then His tender mercies came. A day at 6 flags with my neighbor/friend and her family. A text from a long time friend that she had her baby. A thank you card from a recently married friend. A two hour Skype session with 2 great friends. A text from a friend about talking in church this upcoming Sunday. A post card from a friend who went to Hawaii. All of these happened in the past 24 hours and were very much needed reminders of the friends I have. They may not be living close but I definitely keep them close to my heart...a reminder that the Lord is looking out for me and that someone somewhere loves me...for me and still want to be my friend regardless of the distance. Friendship like that is rare and special! For all my wonderful friends, in Texas or Utah or where ever, I am so grateful for your friendship and believe me when I say it means everything to me!
Walker’s First Day Back to School
3 weeks ago

I'm glad you got those reminders! You are loved and missed Michelle, I promise you that!
ReplyDeleteyay you got the postcard! i miss you!
ReplyDelete