Today I stumbled upon this blog called The Shine Project. From what I gather each week the author picks something to work on to help us shine in the lives we lead. What a cool concept for a blog!
This past week the focus was on confidence.
As I was reading my new discovery, a posts had a couple quotes with pictures followed by a letter...
to me...
and you...
and whoever else reads it.
Here's the post:
Dear You,
Remember all those dreams you had when you were a kid? The ones you had of becoming the president, an astronaut, a hula dancer, and a world saving super hero. What happened to your dreams? I wish you still believed in yourself like you did when everything seemed conquerable, and you knew nothing but the feeling of excitement that came when you told your class you were going to change the world. But then, after scrapped knees and tears that stung, that same world tainted your visions of success the longer you were in it, and suddenly you forgot all about what it means to dream. Dreaming, now, has only become a long forgotten wish that you dust off every now and then. I challenge you to revisit the ideas you once had of pure happiness. What is stopping you? Be confident, be strong, but most of all....be Y.O.U.
Love,
Confidence.
It really is the key to figuring out how to be happy and truly love yourself!



No comments:
Post a Comment