Sunday, June 19, 2011

My chance to serve

Ever since I moved home I have been ready to get a calling.  I have plenty of time and felt the best medicine for my life right now was to think of others...to serve.  Because I am in a brand spanking new branch there are plenty of callings, only a handful that have been filled.  Today I finally got a calling.  I had friends teased that I would be Relief Society President, but I am not.  I am the 1st counselor in the RS Presidency. My first reaction was relief...I do not have to teach every Sunday (had I gotten a teaching calling I would have had to cry....that's just what I do when I get called as a teacher).  My next reaction was excitement.  There is so much good I can do and this will force me to step out of my shell and comfort zone to get to know all the wonderful girls I will be working with.  My current reaction...overwhelmed and unprepared.  I have never been in a presidency (besides young women but I don't really count that since we always had leaders).  On top of that we are starting off with no previous presidency so we have to put everything in place.  My mind is already swarming with things we need to put in place and figure out. 

Luckily we don't have to do it alone.  I know that the Lord wants us to be successful and to really reach out to those in the RS.  I know I am meant to be in this branch for a reason and I think it has something to do with the girls I will have the opportunity to get to know.  I am excited and overwhelmed, and I know the Lord will be there to answer our prayers as a presidency and, hopefully, the prayers of our girls through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment