Saturday, December 18, 2010

Kids are my world!

So I am combining two events into one (If you don't like sentimental, sappy stuff then this will probably be really boring...just a heads up)...

First:
Last night the first graders from my class this past semester put on a Christmas program. I had been there for a lot of the practice but I still wanted to see the real thing. It was absolutely adorable! During the program one of my little boys nudged another one of my boys point in my direction...naturally I waved...he waved back :) After I was bombarded with "Hi Miss Harris", "Miss Harris I saw you!", "Miss Harris I got a haircut", "Miss Harris I have a loose tooth, see?"...you get the drift. On top of that I got at least one hug from every student..two from some! Between the adorable program and the outpouring of love my heart was absolutely melted!


Second:
Today was my last day of work...work that I absolutely love! My babies...and yes they are mine...have me wrapped around their little fingers. Baby "R" has known how to get to me since day 1. Today was the last day to get one of my favorite open mouthed, slobbery kisses! He runs straight to me and gives me the biggest hugs. Baby "A" ran right for me when I got there today. She just melts into my arms and will cuddle as long as you let her. Baby "C" is the happiest baby I have ever met. He laughs and smiles no matter what! Baby "J" is so fun...whenever he is sad I just have to sing a specific song and it cheers him up with.out.fail. Baby "K" use to do this thing where he would hold a chunk of hair from each side of my head and lean back and forth while I held him...sounds strange but it made me laugh every time! Okay...let's just say the other 6 babies can get to me just as easy! Luckily I didn't cry at work, but as soon as I got into my car I broke day. I really love all my babies...it is so sad to think I will not see them all continue to grow and learn.


If you haven't already figured it out I get SUPER attached to kids...they are my life and I cannot imagine not working with them. As sad as I am to leave my babies, I am excited to starting teaching elementary...not my "babies" but other people's babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment