Monday, January 24, 2011

Kids say the darndest things

I completely agree with Bill Cosby! Kids DO say the darndest things! I am currently student teaching in Kindergarten. Everyday I hear funny things. Today for some reason seemed to be packed with moments of internal laughter (unless I could not hold it in then I just had to turn away)!

In my morning class one of my students had another student smell her breath. Then she proceeded to say " See. I brush my teeth and my breath is STILL stinky!" haha oh to have enough comfort with your friends and hygiene to know you have stinky breath and STILL breath in your friend's face!

My next incident came when one of my girls (who ALWAYS makes me laugh) goes to sit in boy's chair. I asked her if she was this student and she laughed and moved one seat over to her seat. She then went onto explain to me "My mom named me a girl name because I was born." hehe not because she is a girl...just cuz she was born :)

Very shortly after that I sit down at a table with some other students. This is how our conversation went.
Boy: You aren't a mom, are you?
Me: Not yet, but I hopefully I will be someday.
Girl: Are you going to marry a man?
Me: Someday I will
Girl: Are you going to marry a hott man?
Me (in my head): Well that's kinda what I am hoping for...
Me(out loud): I don't know...
Boy: Well she has to marry a man. If girls don't get married then they just die.
Apparently I need to find me a man soon unless I wanna die...and hopefully he is "hott" :)

These are some of the moments that remind me how much I love teaching little kids. They way the view the world is so simple and straight forward. They are pretty darn funny too
!

No comments:

Post a Comment