Sunday, July 17, 2011

My weekend at a glance

So today I am really dreading it being the end of the weekend.  Usually I get time to veg and just relax but this weekend just flew by! 

Let's start by saying Friday was the absolute worst day I have had in a REALLY long time! Work was awful and I have no idea what to do to fix it.  As I get off work I have a message to call our branch president.  Lucky me was asked to speak in church...and anyone who knows me knows I hate speaking in front of people.  So what do I spend my Friday night doing? Crying and writing a talk! ( I also was short on sleep due to the awesome HP movie on Thursday night/Friday morning).  

Saturday comes around...I'm up and at em by 8:30 heading to Dallas to get CPR and first aid certified.  CPR: easy peasy...first aid: almost passed out but pulled through.  When I got home I had to quickly shower and head out the door for training with the stake relief society presidency...SO helpful! It is nice have people who are willing to help us as we try and figure out what the heck we need to do to set up a new relief society.  When I got home I had little things here and there to do.  E-mails to write, a room to clean, a talk to look over...ya get the drift. I ended my night with a fun double date of food, Disney, and swimming!

Today was a Sunday I was glad for late church! I NEEDED to sleep in! I woke up got ready and "hung out" with Kaitlyn and Ashley then headed to church.  I would like to give a shout out to my amazing friend Kaitlyn who provided me with a start to my talk that ACTUALLY got laughs...I've never gotten laughs during a talk before :) Despite the branch president and one of the counselors commenting over the pulpit on my spectacular ability to shake during a talk, I think my talk went well.  People are always so kind and I am grateful for those who talked to me afterwards.  The rest of my meetings were great...plus I got to have a little girl talk with a new friend who I absolutely adore!  I may be completely, socially awkward, but somehow the Lord has found people who are willing to overlook it!

So that was my weekend...and now I am ready for another one...only 5 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment