Saturday, June 16, 2012

WIPEOUT

Today a group from my young single adult branch went out on the lake.  We went wake boarding and when I say we I mean they went wake boarding and I fell...a lot!  It was super frustrating and I got really mad. 

 It made me think.  

Most of my life the things I am good at come naturally.  I have always been a good student.  I have always been good at scrapbooking (by good I mean I have fun and my pages are pretty to me).   I have always been good with kids.  I have always been good at running.  I never really had to face failure head on and it sucks!

But no matter how much it sucks it is a part of life.  It is up to me to make the best of it.  I was reminded of this quote by J.K. Rowling:
Love this
I want to have the memories of failure and learning rather than live with what ifs.
I may not have succeeded at getting up on the wake board, but I tried something new and, for that, I am proud of myself!

1 comment:

  1. A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

    -George Bernard Shaw

    ReplyDelete