Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Creative Splurge

Saturday I am supposed to be going to the lake and I realized I didn't have a "beach bag".  So I flipped through all my fabric and found I had enough of a cute striped fabric to make a over-sized bag. I improvised how I would make it and just kinda winged it.  I am quite proud of how it turned out!


I even included a lining and a nice pocket!


Today I got a day of work and felt like doing some sewing, but I wasn't sure what to do.  I was looking through my stuff and found a project I started.  My mom had once upon a time bought fabric of the united states.  I decided to turn it into a map.  I hand stitched  each individual state.  Today all I did was finish it by putting on the binding.  It is nice to have one more completed projects...now to figure out what to do with it.


This part of the US is my favorite: Texas (my home), Arizona (my childhood), Nevada (summer trip to see Grandma), Utah (my temporary home and home to many friends)




No comments:

Post a Comment