Sunday, January 22, 2012

Drawing a Blank

Today was my Sunday to teach Relief Society.  I started looking at my lesson last Sunday trying to just get a direction that I wanted to go with figured out.  All week I struggled to know what exactly I need to teach from the talk that was chosen for me.  Each time I read it, I drew a blank.  Luckily I eventually got started and it just all came out as I wrote it down.  As much as people (including myself) say to just listen to and follow the spirit, sometimes it is not the simple.  As much as I would have loved to get my lesson planned early in the week and tweak it in my extra time, I think I needed the week to focus on it.  I had to truly work to feel the spirit and understand what I needed to teach.  I definitely learned many things from this talk (which I discovered throughout the week).  I felt the spirit as I read it just wasn't for my lesson.  I just hope others were able to take something away from the lesson as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment