Today in church I opened my scriptures to find about 7 or 8 brownie notes from friends in Utah. Some were silly. Some were thanks. Some were just little reminders that someone loved me. Most people who wrote them will never know what those notes really have meant to me or that I even still have them.
I found these as I was sitting by myself waiting for Sunday School to start. When I was in Utah I knew where I belonged, my place in my little social group. Now I am so at a loss as to where I belong. It seems like there were groups of friends established before I got here and I do not fit into any of them.
I guess while I am trying to figure it out I will just have to savor the notes, reminders that that I belonged.

You do belong Chelle. Everyone who gets to know you falls madly in love. They just haven't been lucky enough yet, but you'll find some people who deserve to be let in.
ReplyDelete