Since my new singles branch has formed I have been really excited. I have gone to all the activities and meetings. I have met with the branch president and attempted to be social and meet new people. I know with no doubt that this is where the Lord wants me to serve and where I hope to make friends and have amazing new experiences.
This means that this Sunday when one of the members of the branch presidency came to talk with me I was not scared. In the past I would have avoided them...praying that I didn't have to speak or teach. When he asked me if I would mind teaching relief society the following Sunday I said I would love to....and oddly enough, I think I meant it. I am actually kind of excited to look over the materials and learn something myself...because very possibly I could be the only one to learn from this lesson. (Don't get me wrong I Pray the spirit will be there as I teach and others learn, too.) I have only taught Sunday School before so I am eager to see how different teaching RS and to have a little more flexibility to how I approach the topic.
I, Michelle Harris, am actually EXCITED to teach a lesson to ADULTS!
Wow...I have never said that before!
This means that this Sunday when one of the members of the branch presidency came to talk with me I was not scared. In the past I would have avoided them...praying that I didn't have to speak or teach. When he asked me if I would mind teaching relief society the following Sunday I said I would love to....and oddly enough, I think I meant it. I am actually kind of excited to look over the materials and learn something myself...because very possibly I could be the only one to learn from this lesson. (Don't get me wrong I Pray the spirit will be there as I teach and others learn, too.) I have only taught Sunday School before so I am eager to see how different teaching RS and to have a little more flexibility to how I approach the topic.
I, Michelle Harris, am actually EXCITED to teach a lesson to ADULTS!
Wow...I have never said that before!

No comments:
Post a Comment