Saturday, May 21, 2011

Kids make me happy!

Clearly I miss my friends from Utah...people my age who I know love me or at least put up with me and my quirks. As odd as it may sound to others, I miss being around kids almost as much. I seem to connect with 5 and 6 year olds in a way I cannot connect with other people. So when I got the opportunity to help someone who recently had surgery with her children I took it! I was pleased to be reminded of how much kids like me (I'm not trying to sound conceited but for some reason they like me....it's been like that all my life...don't believe me ask my sister).

I was playing with a little boy around 4 years old. We had just built to cabins out of Lincoln logs. We each had a person. At one point the boy looked up at me and said "when I grow up I'm going to marry you!" What else could I do but laugh? I had only known the kid for an hour.

It always amazes me how little things like that can make me so happy. The trust and love of children is something I value in my life and I think that the kids realize that and that is why we get along so well. So for now I will have enjoy the moments here and there that I have with kids. I just look forward to the days when I have a classroom and/or house full of kids to love all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment