I always thought 23 would be MY year...the year I figured out life...that I possibly met and fell hard for the man of my dreams...23 was the year I was meant to magnify life and become who I am suppose to be.
As I turn 24 I realized none of this happened. 23 was just another year and, with all that I thought it would hold, a bit of a let down. Nothing bad happened which I am grateful for, but nothing at all really happened. I merely existed for another year. There were definitely good times, but the lack of visible progress has left me feeling stagnant.
Fortunately, I am now 24! I may not be any closer to figuring out a career or having a hubby and kids, but I am excited for what this year has in store for me!!! I know there are big changes that are coming...some really exciting and others that are a bit overwhelming. In a recent father's blessing, I was told that a decision I made was correct, but that it didn't necessarily mean it would be easy and provide instant happiness. This year may not be the easiest, smoothest sailing I've ever experienced, but I know that come April 2014 I will have made the most out of this year. I'm going to live in a way that I can look back and see the progress I've made. I'll be able to say that I am a better version of me because of the choices I've made. Who knows....I may even get the chance to tell a man I love him :)
The possibilities are limitless!

Love this post. You have had super great insights lately!
ReplyDeleteI love this! It was definitely a great year for you :) Love you best friend! Miss you!
ReplyDelete