Sunday, December 30, 2012

High Standards

This past week I was told by someone who I looked up to that my standards for a guy are too high!  I was absolutely baffled.  I have always heard that we need to never lower our standards because we want someone who is worthy of having us.  This person told me that it didn't matter and I should go into a relationship with the goal of changing the other person and "molding"them.  

This frustrated me to tears! How can I do that? There is NO way I would want that kind of relationship!

I am such a romantic at heart and maybe that is part of my delay in finding the right person, but I have standards and I do not believe them to be impractical or impossible.  I am by no means looking for the perfect guy, but I am looking for someone who inspires me to be better and vice versa.  I want someone who believes as I do and who is a genuinely good, kind guy.  This is what I want and I will not be swayed to lower my standards.  

I deserve to be happy with the person I chose to be with for eternity !






No comments:

Post a Comment