Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The little things

Lately work has been hectic with kids coming back from vacation and trying to get prepared for the upcoming "school year".  It is pretty easy to get stressed and run down, but as I looked at the little things I was reminded why I absolutely LOVE working with kids...

  • Receiving a flower (or weed maybe) from one of my boys
  • "I wanna hold you me-shell"
  • grins and giggles
  • kisses on my "ouchies" and just spontaneous ones too
  • my 2 year olds knowing what a trapezoid looks like
  • asking what number and getting the answer "purple"
  • "huggie, huggie!"
  • "look mommy...Michelle" tehe
  • seeing the excitement they have to see siblings
  • fascination with the paint on my nails (more so when they are pink)
  • cuddle time
  • being "climbed"
  • holding a small, pudgy hand
  • being able to relinquish them to parents at the end of the day ;) 
  • "Sit by me Michelle Harris"
  • having my arms, legs, back, head, face used as streets for toy cars
  • having my hair tangled by a little boy who is"brushing" my hair with a huge smile on his face that he shows me every 10 seconds by turning my face to his
I honestly love my kids!  I am by no means a perfect teacher, but I try to show them how much I love them.  As a 2 year old teacher I am sure as months/years pass my name will be forgotten, but I hold a special place in my heart for my kiddos!  And hopefully, even if my name is forgotten, I will have made a difference in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment