Sunday, December 18, 2011

Relief Society Silent Christmas Presentation

So a few years ago I had this lesson at Christmas time in Relief Society and it was awesome!  Being that I am over the teaching of Relief Society in my branch I decided to replicate the lesson.  It took me hours and many attempts, but I completed it! Today I gave it and hopefully others felt the spirit that I felt.  If you have 30 minutes to read scriptures, listen to music, and think about the Savior's birth, here it is to watch!

I had a packet that went along so the sisters didn't have to rush to the scriptures, but I don't know how to include that.  So, here are the scriptures that go along with it:
Matthew 1:18-23
Luke 2:1-7
Luke 2:8-14
Luke 2:15-20
After "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" "The Wise Men did not come the night Jesus was born as the shepherds did. They saw the star in the East and traveled far to see him. They arrived in Palestine from the East sometime later, perhaps even months later.
There is no account that tells us just how many Wise Men came to worship the Savior. There may have been three; there may have been seven; there may have been ten. But how many came is not so important. What is important is that they were wise men who came to present their gifts and worship this wondrous child. We today should remember that wise men still seek him."
Matthew 2:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment